Today is Alien Day! The “holiday” was introduced last year to commemorate the second film’s 30th anniversary. Since the asteroid the xenomorph eggs were found on was called LV426, it made sense to use the date 4/26 to celebrate everyone’s favorite horror-sci-fi franchise (take that 4/20 potheads!) much in the same way we celebrate May the Fourth. To take part in this celebration, I’m going to read your mind and reveal to you how you express your “love” for the Alien movies. Let’s begin shall we?
- Whenever you send your naughty child to the corner of the house you put a life-size replica of the xenomorph complete with a second mouth that moves in and out in front of him/her.
Go sit in the corner and think about what you did! (Source: Imgur)
- You took up pole-dancing just so you can perform in a xenomorph costume.
Then you perform your routine in front of your orange tabby, who just hisses.
- You buy more than one cart of xenomorph eggs so that one day you can cook them and serve them to your husband for breakfast just so he can know what it’s like to give birth.
Expires June 3, 2122.
- You name your daughters Newt, Annalee and Amanda and your sons Kane, Brett, Parker, Ash and Dallas.
- You sleep in a cryo chamber.
- You’re license plate is either LV-426 or N0STRM0.
- You’re answering machine is Ripley’s final report: “This is (your name here), last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off. Please leave a message.”
- Instead of saying goodbye your parting remark is “Game over, man! Game over!”
- You bought your in-laws facehuggers for Christmas (in space no one can hear you nag).
- You sang “You Are My Lucky Star” to your kids as babies – which always ended with a scream.
- Your biology thesis was on the xenomorph life cycle.
- When you received news about John Hurt’s death you wore a black chestburster.
- You wore a jumpsuit to school (with a Weyland-Yutani patch on both shoulders) everyday as a teenager.
- You keep a flamethrower in the trunk of your car (you just never know).
- Your ringtone is “Get away from her you bitch!”
- If any one of your family members is sick you put them on quarantine for 24 hours – in a tent outside the house. We can’t take any risks you know.
- You’re still sending death threats to the Academy Awards for not giving Sigourney Weaver the 1987 Oscar for Aliens.
- You’re still sending marriage proposals to Sigourney Weaver – even though she’s been married to the same man for 32 years.
So that’s all I came up with. Could I have listed more? What other ways are you obsessed with the Alien franchise? Any and all suggestions, curses or threats is accepted in the comments section. Happy Alien Day!